Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Day # 3 COVID-19... Goodbyes Underway

Some of the 2019-20 Exchange Students at Marie's home

As most readers of this blog know, the boys are heading home this week if the airlines continue to run. The Greenheart Program made the difficult decision a couple of nights ago to have their students return home to their natural parents. It's an unhappy way to end, but as I've said to many friends, now these teenagers will know why we adults look and act the way we do. Life always has surprises, it's how we adapt to these moments that tells us the story of ourselves.

Yesterday, Sebino spent the night with Egan and Evrit Roy; Guido stayed with his friend, Caleb Frisbee. Today, Marie hosted a gathering of 8 exchange students so they'd have a chance to say abrupt but proper goodbyes.

Sebino flies home tomorrow with Hanna, his girlfriend from Poland. Guido will be stuck with Bailey and me until Saturday when he meets up with Ivan and the other Spanish students to take a van to the airport.

Now, Sebino is off shopping with Hanna, and I conned Guido into cleaning the inside of our winter-ravaged car. Bailey is in the back hall eating a peanut butter Kong stuffed with treats, and I'm looking at 145 email from today and wondering why...

And so it goes....  

Guido cleaning the car and hating life in the good old USA
:-)



4 comments:

  1. Crying is the only thing we do 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint. offering Covid Cleaning Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very delighted in for this blog. Its a useful article for my office cleaning melbourne. It help me particularly to take care of certain issues. Its chance are so phenomenal and working style so speedy.Thanks.Regards,

    ReplyDelete

Final Post: Farewell

March 16, 2020– Day #1 of Coronavirus & final hike– Black Mountain of Maine –Click photo to enlarge– The house is quiet. My fan...